Hey Newgrounds! I have found some time over a week-long holiday to do some work on the Pimps Quest 2 TechDemo. All this work is still foundational only, in that I am working on the game engine more than any content or story.
Pimps Quest 2 Tech Demo changelog
Car shootout scene fully implemented
- Cars now infinitely Spawn
- Cars will explode if shot too many times
- Cars will slow down if you blow out their tires
- You now have ammo and have to reload to keep shooting
- Now has gunshot and explosion sounds
- 2 new medals/achievements for the car shootout level.
Placeholder text-to-speech for chat bubbles
- Now characters will talk using a pseudo animal crossing like speech system
- This is only placeholder to help time out speech length for when we use real audio
Chat bubbles get better graphics
- Now uses more comic like font
Reimplemented audio system
- Should fix bugs that caused sounds on iOS not to fire correctly.
- Added new sounds
Inventory system refinements
- Used items will now be removed from your UI
- A better sound will always play when picking up objects
Misc QoL improvements
- now will tell you to rotate your device if playing portrait
- Can now pause the game
- Visual bugs with poring out your drink are now fixed
- Sped up player speed on most scenes
- Better icon for small inventory items
- No longer make unnecessary calls to Newgrounds.io
I am doing this because I want to firm up the game engine more before committing to creating all-new artwork, story and get voice actors for PQ2. I am also still investigating a better animation system to use as I want to make animating faster. if you have any ideas on making fast animations in Phaser 3 please feel free to reach out to me.